Here are some ways to learn more about Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Zhan Zhuang, and Shiatsu:
- For a good introduction to the purposes and benefits of Tai Chi and Chi Kung, see this video: A Journey into Tai Chi: An Ancient Martial Art unfolding into modern day "Medicine in Motion" (English spoken)
- An interview with me discussing my approach to Chi Kung on the Yoga Lab website: Chiara Cavallo (in Dutch)
- The British TV series “Stand Still, Be Fit” (mid-90s) featured Master Kam Chuen Lam and was instrumental in introducing the art of Zhan Zhuang Kumg (站桩) to a wider audience. All ten episodes can be watched here: Stand Still, Be Fit (Chinese and English spoken, with English subtitles)
- A video dedicated to the life and work of Professor Yu, who popularized Zhan Zhuang throughout China from the 1950s onward: Zhan Zhuang Lineage and Memorial (Chinese and English spoken, with English subtitles)
- Master Kam Chuen Lam’s classic text on Zhan Zhuang. The Way of Energy (1991), is no longer in print, but new and second-hand copies can still be found.
"In a world dizzy with activity and motion, the idea of attaining the pinnacle of stress-free health and inner strength without moving a muscle is compelling. This handbook introduces a highly refined achievement of Chinese culture – the technique of Zhan Zhuang energy exercise." — BookFinder.com